Wednesday 16 December 2015

The True Beauty Of A Home 5



Woman: I just got new sets of shoes and bags. They are so lovely!
Me: Oh really? That’s nice!
Woman: But wahala dey o! I no get money again o! I don blow our allowance finish and I think say money go enter my hand this week! Abeg you go find me money o before your babies go hungry! I always run out of money before next allowance comes in
Me: Why?
Woman: I always spend it of course! Is money not meant to be spent?
Me: Sorry to probe my dear, but how do you always spend it?
Woman: Aaa! One needs money to run the family now. I spend money whenever I need to spend it. I saw those shoes and bags and liked them.
Me: Do you have annual, monthly, weekly and daily FAMILY budget? If yes, why would you tamper with your kitchen budget? What happened to your wardrobe budget?
Woman: hahahahaha! Family budget kwa? Oly ibiakwa! You are beginning to sound like Nigerian leaders!
Me: kikikikikiki! How? 
               
Woman: Because they always talk about budget in everything but we keep sinking. What do I need budget for? Money na my money and na me go still spend am now!
Me: Na now I know why you dey blow your money finish before another one enter.
Woman: Abeg come borrow me money

Hello people!
Welcome to my world. How has your week been? Great, I guess?
Yesterday we introduced Kitchen Budget in our serial blogging on The True Beauty Of A Home.
The above conversation was between me and one of my close relations and I believe that you can now understand why we need Mrs. Budget in our homes?

A woman once told me that she needs not make any kitchen budget because she doesn’t have enough money and I told her that not having enough money is more reason why she should build a lasting relationship with Mrs. Budget.
When a kitchen budget is drawn, it gives room for scale of preference which also saves us from being pushed to a very “tight corner”. It also helps us to avoid unnecessary expenses. It saves us from the embarrassment of being “empty”.
Once a budget is drawn, go straight to the market to buy the NEEDED items in bulk according to your budget. Avoid buying food items on the street because they are usually more expensive. It is also very important to painstakingly create a scale of preference (make a list of things to buy in order of priority) and do not forget to apportion the amount of money to be spent on each item. Create room for adjustments because price of some items can change abruptly. Make sure that all the things NEEDED for that period are included in the list. NB: It is very wrong to make a list of what to buy when you are already in the market. This is because you’re likely to forget some items but when you make list in the comfort of your house- noting the items that need to be replaced and bought as you open your kitchen cabinets one after the other, it will be difficult to forget anything.
When your store is stocked up with food items, sketch a menu table for a period of time you PLANNED your foodstuffs to last. By so doing, there will be no such thing like, “ I thought I have crayfish? Chei! I need to quickly get crayfish down the street before my food gets burnt!” Or “Ewoo!  I thought I have crayfish? Anyway, let me cook it that way. Who will know that I did not add crayfish to the meal?”

Did you learn anything from the above piece? Do you have something you would want to add or share with others? Do not hesitate to use the comment box below. Who knows, God may use you to touch a life today. Keep striving to be the person God created you to be.
Keep a date with us tomorrow for another write up on The Beauty Of A Home.
For counseling and coaching, call or whatsapp 09094757110. BBM : 56372820. Twitter: @OluMadu      

God loves you and so do I

No comments:

Post a Comment