Thursday 17 December 2015

The True Beauty Of Home 6




Please read the conversation below carefully.

Mrs. A: Nwanyioma please when next are we going to market to stock up our stores?
Mrs. B: Market? But we just bought foodstuffs two weeks ago? It should be by middle of next month because the foodstuffs in my store will spill over next month and that means I will save my allowance. Lol!
Mrs. A: For real?
Mrs. B: Sure! I know yours will spill over next two months because I have a larger family?
Mrs. A : Hmm! Oooh! This girl will not kill me in this house o! I went inside my store this morning and couldn’t believe my eyes! That crayfish I bought two weeks ago, fiam! Pepper fiam! Dryfish fiam! Almost all my foodstuffs, fiam! Look at me o!
Mrs. B: Calm down please. What exactly do you mean by fiam? I hope you’re not trying to tell me that fiam means finished?
Mrs. A: That’s exactly what it means! This Mary of a girl will not kill me o!
Mrs. B : No no no! This must be some kind of joke! What exactly happened? I mean, you have a family of five while mine is eight and you know that my mother in-law staying with us is on special diet? So, why would the foodstuff I saw last two weeks finish by now? If anyone should be complaining or singing your “ fiam” song, I should be the one for Christ sake because I have a large family to feed.

As Mrs. A opened her mouth to explain, Mary her house-help came out;

Mary: Aunty, the children said they are filled and can’t take more of the food.
Mrs. A : Is that supposed to be  news or story? Empty their plates in the trash barrel for God’s sake! Must you interrupt my discussion? In fact do that quickly and come over here to explain what happened to my foodstuffs.
Mary : Yes Ma. Sorry Ma, I want to wash the pot, should I also do away with the remaining food in the pot?
Mrs. A : Oh my God! Is something wrong with your senses?
Mary : No Ma!       
Mrs. A : If you interrupt me again, I won’t find it funny. Empty the pot in the trash can and wash my pot for me now!
Mary : Yes Ma.

She hurriedly left the sitting room to carry out her madam’s instructions and Mrs. B turned to Mrs. A;

Mrs. B: What??? Nwanyioma! Don’t tell me you waste food?
Mrs. A: Nwanyioma no nowww. Waste food ke? The children were filled, they don’t like Mary’s cooking and the one in the pot , hmmm! Nobody will eat it again by tomorrow because it will change taste.
Mrs. B : My God! Then why are you singing your “fiam” song as if some other person is responsible for it?
Mrs. A : How do you mean Nwanyioma? Mary has been wasting foodstuffs for me now? She doesn’t know the right quantity of anything to use.
Mrs. B : Sweetheart, do you want to know the truth? The only person wasting both your food and foodstuff is you!
Mrs. A : How do you mean?
Mrs. B : Have you taken time to teach Mary about what you just complained?
Mrs. A : No now! Nwanyioma, Mary should know all these things at her age now. She is not a baby.
Mrs B : Ok now! Whose food is wasted? Yours of course! Who’s lamenting? Same you! I thought you have fridge and deep freezer? If yes, why on earth would you be wasting cooked food? So, what exactly do you use your fridge and freezer for, they are now cupboard I guess?

Mrs. A absentmindedly fixed her gaze on Mrs. B with mouth wide open.

Hello people!
You’re once again welcome to my world. Trust it’s been a wonder filled day?

For those of us new here, this is a continuation of our serial blogging on The True Beauty of A Home. You can catch up with us by visiting www.houseofdivineassets.blogspot.com

The conversation above has a clear presentation of today’s message. 

Women in the house, never you ABANDON your home to be managed by a house-help NOMATTER how busy you may be. You’re designed to be FULLY in charge of your home. Before you can leave SOME responsibilities in the care of house-help, ENSURE that you have GROOMED her to a point where you can go to sleep with two eyes closed in her presence.

There are two dangers attached to bad HABBIT of wasting food

  1. Wasters are losers. The word savings is quite strange to them because they CAN’T do apply it as life principle.
  2. God is never happy with wasters. If Jesus Christ who is a miracle worker could humbly save leftover from the miraculous meal five loaves of bread and two fish) He fed the multitude with, who are we not to save?

Learn to save and not to waste!
Shalom!

The serial blogging on The True Beauty Of A Home continues tomorrow.
Do all you can, to be that person God designed you to be.

For counseling and coaching, call or whatsapp 09094757110. BBM : 56372820. Twitter: @OluMadu
      
God loves you and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment