Friday 18 December 2015

The True Beauty Of A Home 7



Early hours in Mr. Ike’s house, his wife woke him up to have a discussion with him. Mr. Ike started grumbling as he struggled to open his eyes.

Mr. Ike: What is it again this early morning? You know I went to bed way past midnight? Please I need to catch some sleep!
Mrs. Ike: Ikem, not until we have this discussion please. I pleaded with you last night for this discussion and you insisted on seeing movies. Its quarter past five in the morning when man of the house ought to rise up to start his day and you want to go back to bed.
Mr. Ike: heiheihei! Don’t even go there! Don’t insult me this early morning because
you pay our bills. You’re not the only woman who pays bills for her family. Bible says you should be my helpmate.
Mrs. Ike: Thank God you said “helpmate” and not head of the family. I should be your helpmate not the head of the family. The same Bible says that a man that cannot care for his family is worse than an infidel. Ikem please understand this, I beg you. I wouldn’t want you to lose your glory as a man, a husband and a father. You need to start up something that could fetch you money, no matter how little.
Mr. Ike: Woman, it’s like you don’t value my peace? I will leave this house for you o! You’re not my God o! God will give me something to do when the time comes.
Mrs. Ike: That’s where you’re wrong honey. God will not come down from heaven to do that which you’re supposed to do. Every day, you sit at home seeing movies while I go out hustling under the scorching sun to place food on the table but you’re unperturbed. What’s all these? I’m not asking you for millions but just a little help from your side. How can this miracle happen when you don’t do anything about your challenge? You refused seeking help from anybody. You refused doing business with the money I’ve been able to save. You keep saying you want it big, why can’t you start from somewhere? As you are now, you don’t even have plan of doing anything. How exactly do you want me to feel? Are you not supposed to take care of me and the children?
Mr. Ike: I can see you don’t want me to have peace in this house. Let me go to church.
Mrs. Ike: Honey please stop deceiving yourself with all these mountain and desert nonsense every day all in the name of prayers, when you’re supposed to be somewhere working out something to take care of your family.
Mr. Ike: You’re not my God! He will do it at His own time!
Mrs. Ike:  No doubt honey but not when you’re idle. This same God says He will bless the work of our hands. If he comes to bless the work of your hands Ikem, what is He going to bless? What will you present to Him to bless? What exactly are you asking this God to do for you? Can’t you see my point?
Mr. Ike: I can see that devil is using you to ruin my life! Get thee behind me satan! You don’t want me to worship my God right?
Mrs. Ike: Honey, other brethren in the church worship this same God and still work to take care of their families. Can’t you see that you’re not acting normal?
Mr. Ike: What? Me not normal? If I hear any word from you again this morning, I will slap the hell out of you! Have you lost your manners? Me not normal?
Mrs. Ike: Honey please I didn’t say you’re not normal. I only said that you’re not acting normal.
Mr. Ike : Oh! You’re still talking!

As Mr.Ike rushed to hit his wife, she ran inside the children’s room and locked the door.

Mr. Ike: Idiot! No, wait for me and let me teach you a lesson this morning because I can see that you lack manners. Your mother did not give you home training.

With that, he stormed out of the house.

Good afternoon and happy weekend beautiful people!
It’s still serial blogging on The True Beauty Of A Home.
 
The above fiction is what happens in some homes in the recent time.
God designed man to be the leader and head of the family. God also entrusted man with the responsibility of catering for his family. Whereby he’s found wanting in any of these responsibilities, it becomes not just a problem but a serious problem.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with a man earning less than his wife but everything is wrong with a man being IDLE when he’s hale and hearty. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with a man that lost his job or going through some financial challenges but everything is wrong with a man who has given up in life because he has financial challenges. It doesn’t matter who takes the larger chunk of family bill but it matters when a man refuses to do anything to contribute, no matter how little.

Men, truth is bitter but it doesn’t change it from being truth. If as a man, you’re yet to agree with terms that you should be up and doing in your family responsibilities, this is the time to have a rethink. Do not throw your glory to the dust. Do not ever accept to be idle in life. If you lost your job, you still have your life. It’s not a crime to fall but it’s absolutely wrong to fall and remain on the ground. It does not matter how much you earn as a man. What matters is that you’re doing something. When you’re doing something, God will bless the work of your hands. God will elevate you. Do not be ashamed to start little. There’s dignity in labor!  Start small and watch God glorify His name in your life. Your wife has not changed from being a good woman but you’re the one who has refused to be the good man you ought to be. Even an angel will find it VERY difficult to live happily with a HALE and HEARTY idle man that has decided to be idle all his life.

Dear man, God designed you to be the head and never the tail. Do everything humanly possible, LEGALLY and MORALLY right to be what God designed you to be.

Do have a blessed weekend!

For counseling and coaching, call or whatsapp 09094757110. BBM : 56372820. Twitter: @OluMadu  
     
God loves you and so do I

No comments:

Post a Comment