Monday 21 December 2015

The True Beauty OF A Home 8



5:45AM in Mr. Ibeh’s bedroom.

As Mr. Ibeh picked his car key from the table to go to work, his wife stood up from the bed and said;

Mrs. Ibeh: Honey, are you leaving for office?
Mr. Ibeh: No, I’m leaving for playground! What sort of silly question is that? You saw me all dressed up for work and you’re asking if I’m leaving for office?
Mrs. Ibeh: No, it’s just that the children’s snacks and stationeries are finished. They took the last one to school on Friday and I forgot to tell you. I also need money for sanitary pad. The money you dropped will not be enough.

Mr. Ibeh already boiling with anger that can cook yam under thirty seconds, turned to the wall while trying to keep his emotions in check and breathed heavily. He gently turned to his wife and poured out that venom that has been building up in him for some time now.

Mr.Ibeh: Of all the rubbish you just vomited, I was able to hear two disgusting and annoying statements and they are; “They took the last one to school on Friday and I forgot to tell you” and “The money you dropped will not be enough.” Sweetheart! Can I ask you a question or probably two questions? What in God’s name is your reason to forget anything in this world when you don’t do anything? You spend all your time in front of television. As important as children’s stationaries are, you easily forget them but can never forget to give my money to Multichoice on monthly basis because you can’t afford to miss African Magic even for one day? How dare you open your mouth to tell me that the money I kept for you will not be enough? Do you know what it means to work for money? Do you know what I go through to make the money you spend without batting an eyelid and you have the got to say that it’s not enough?
Mrs. Ibeh: (sobbing) Honey don’t talk to me like that because of money! Is the television not meant for entertainment? Why did you buy it if not for entertainment?
Mr. Ibeh: I bought it for you to be reasonable but I can see that it’s making you unreasonable! If television can make you foolish, then something is absolutely wrong with you! Women like you are busy thinking and working out something positive for their family but my wife is always busy seeing people on screen doing their business! Are you sure that you’re alright?
Mrs. Ibeh: Work work work! Money money money! Each time we talk, you throw it on my face as if I chose to be idle! Were you not the one that asked me not to work? I obeyed you and now you’re using it against me!
Mr.Ibe :(moved closer to the television in the sitting room, touched it and said  Can you see how foolish you’re? You cannot even clean the same television that keeps your eyes glued on it every day, let alone the sitting room. Do you know why I took cereals last night instead of your meal? I entered the kitchen you always cook your rubbish and started battling with nausea! The kitchen alone is absolutely nauseating! The children look so dirty and unkempt! I got you washing machine because I felt it will help but everywhere is filled up with dirty clothes. Uche my friend called to tell me that he was coming over with his family yesterday, and I quickly pleaded with him to make it on weekend so that I can at least clean the sitting room. You don’t have shame Sweetheart! If you have shame, you won’t open that “gutter” you call mouth and utter that rubbish (work). You want to work? If you can squander your 24hours on absolutely nothing, I don’t want to imagine what life with you will look like when an additional responsibility is given to you.
Mrs.Ibeh (crying and cursing): Honey, please is there another woman in your life?
Mr. Ibeh: What?
Mrs. Ibeh: I said it! I know it! Thank God we were together at the event where the speaker said that whenever there’s strange woman in a man’s life, the man will accord no respect to his wife! Honey, you have changed! It seems you have a strange woman in your life and that’s why you don’t appreciate me again! You don’t love me again!
Mr. Ibeh: You know what? You’ve gone nuts! A reasonable woman would go into a sobre reflection but you’d rather create a shameful scene! Woman of drama! I wish it’s never a sin to have that strange woman and I will gladly welcome her into my life! Did I hear you say love? I’ve come to believe that love is not just enough! You want me to die in silence all in the name of love? I’m sorry because you’ve got the wrong person! You spend money like its sand! You don’t do anything because you’re too lazy! It’s only an insane man that will allow you to work! If you can turn my house to pigsty and my children to pigs when you’re not working, how will life be when you eventually start working? If you don’t sit up to work on yourself, our journey together may not be a good one.

With that he stormed out of the house even as his wife continued crying.

Happy new week beautiful people!

It’s still serial blogging on The True Beauty Of A Home.

Severally, I have heard some women blame their husbands for being full house wives. The truth is that no matter how a man loves you as a full house wife, a day shall come when he will remind you (either by action or word) that you’re such a liability! That’s just the bitter truth that you need to know. The sharp reaction over trivial issues on money, doesn’t in anyway mean that he’s stopped loving you but the truth is that it’s normal for any normal man to be irritated over incessant financial demands especially when the rate at which money goes out is unfavorably inversely proportional to the rate it comes in. Bible says that a wife should be her husband’s helpmate! The financial responsibility of a home should not be heaped on the man alone. As a woman, are you your husband’s helpmate or a liability?
Tomorrow, we will be looking at the possible reason(s) why some men deny their wives the freedom to work so as to earn money too.

Do everything HUMANLY possible, LEGALLY and MORALLY right to be that person God designed you to be.

Do have a pleasant evening.

For counseling and coaching, call or whatsapp 09094757110. BBM : 56372820. Twitter: @OluMadu   
   
God loves you and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment