Tuesday 22 December 2015

The True Beauty Of A Home 9



Ngozi has not been in talking terms with her husband for the past one week. Their communication has been nonverbal, more of “to whom it may concern”. But she suddenly decided to put a stop to that after reading a bible verse that rekindled melodious light of affection in her.
Ngozi: God please forgive me. I’ve not been acting right. It was entirely my fault. I did not present that topic well and that was why my husband got mad at me. Chuks is a good, loving and caring man after all. But why would I harden my heart for this one whole week when he’s so dear to my heart? Haa! Devil you’re such a wicked creature! Thank God for this Bible verse that I read this morning. It’s just a good food to my soul. Thank You Lord.
With that, she quickly and happily cleaned the house and did her normal routine chores. She decided to
serve her husband his favorite meal as dinner. When her husband came back, she gave him a warm welcome back hug and a kiss unlike past few days. She helped him to undress and joined him in the bathroom for a shower as they used to do before that hot argument. Her husband just kept quiet and maintained his cool, more like “Let’s see how this drama ends” attitude. He was really surprised to have his favorite meal as dinner but he never revealed his feelings. Immediately after the family prayers, he quickly jumped in bed and closed his eyes to sleep. Ngozi went round to keep things in other, tucked the children in bed and whistled happily to join her husband in the bedroom. She went so cold immediately she opened the door and saw her husband fast asleep.
Ngozi: What a man! Chuks has changed o! He cares less on how I feel even when I try to make him happy, comfortable, loved and cared for? I thought that my actions today would have paved way to his heart? Ok! Let’s see how it goes!
 She pretended to be asleep until 2AM when she couldn’t take it no more. She kept on yawning even when she maintained her position of facing the wall. As Ngozi heaved a resounding sigh, her husband woke up. He turned to face her, probably still in the dream land but immediately he opened his eyes and noticed that his wife was still facing the wall, he quickly turned and snuggled closer to his pillow. Ngozi was deeply hurt and disappointed again by that action and tears began to build up like it was going to rain. She started thinking aloud as tears rolled down her cheeks;
Ngozi:  Men! I can’t believe that Chuks is treating me this way now. I still remember all his promises. He promised to make me happy. He promised to love me till the end of time. Chuks said he will never make me cry but see what he’s doing to me.
She started sobbing and speaking out;
Ngozi: No! I will never shed tears because of you. I’ve promised myself that I will never shed tears because of your wickedness! You promised to love me! You promised to make me happy but all you strive to do now is to make me sad!
She started hitting and scratching her husband
Ngozi: You’re such a wicked man! You’ve been enjoying your sleep all night while I keep yawning like a child denied of food and you’re unperturbed! It’s 3AM and nobody will sleep again since you don’t want me to sleep.
Chuks woke up with a start and jumped out of the bed.
Chuks: Aaaa! Baby! What’s it now? You scared the life out of me! What’s the problem? Why have you not been sleeping?
Ngozi: You’re a wicked man! Oh! You dare ask me what the problem is and why I’ve not been sleeping when you’re the sand in my sleeping mat?
Chuks: O baby please don’t sound that way. You know that I love you so much….
Ngozi cut in before he could complete the statement: Don’t you ever talk of love because you don’t know what love is! I hate you for calling that word “love”.
Chuks noticed that his wife was not her usual self and quickly held her so tight and started calming her nerves with soothing words.
Chuks: I’m so sorry my Jewel! Whatever it is, I’m deeply sorry. Believe me; I can never deliberately hurt you. I actually planned ironing out this issue today being Saturday because it’s not a working day. Hope you’re calmed? If yes, let’s talk. If no, let’s wait till noon so that I can make you sleep.
Ngozi: No I don’t want to sleep. I’m calmed! I want us to talk about it.                   
Chuks let out a resounding laughter: My fierce gentle doggycat! Ok! What has been eating my sugar up?
Ngozi also let out a resounding laughter: My scary but loving bulldog! Baby, please, (kneeling down), I beg you with everything I’ve got! Please allow me to join Nigerian force. That’s where my passion lies. Do not kill my joy by denying me that.
Chuks: Ok! Now let me ask you a question that will help us. Remember, we’re discussing like lovers we are? No fighting, shouting and all that. Why would you want to join the force?
Ngozi: Because I want to fight for people! I want to be a loud voice to the oppressed. That’s why I’m here on earth and I will be so happy to fight for people.
Chuks: hmmmm! My baby wants to be a force woman! A police officer I guess? Abeg where you go mount your own road block make we make small money from bus and keke drivers? heheheheh!
Ngozi: hehehehehe! Oooh! Dude please be serious for once
Chuks: Ok let me………   
To be continued.
It’s still serial blogging on The True Beauty Of A Home.
A real man is not that man that can impregnate a woman because many men can do that. A real man is that man that can lovingly correct his woman (even in her moment of madness) and set her on the right track, only few can do that. Are you just a man or a real man? A real woman is not that woman that can bear a child because many women can do that. A real woman is that woman that can bring out the king in her man, only few can do that. Are you just a woman or a real woman?
We will find out what happened next in Mr. Chuks home by tomorrow, same venue.
Do everything HUMANLY possible, LEGALLY and MORALLY right to be that person God designed you to be.
Shalom!
For counseling and coaching, call or whatsapp 09094757110. BBM : 56372820. Twitter: @OluMadu      
God loves you and so do I.

6 comments:

  1. You are keeping me in suspense. Keep it up ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmn men and their cold treatment God is watching us all and our heart's motive. I'll wait for the next episode thanks for sharing ma'am kudos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece. Unleash the rest story, suspence kills me softly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great build up.Nice piece.Suspence kills me softly. Roll it out.

    ReplyDelete