Tuesday 5 January 2016

The True Beauty Of A Home 12



Hello beautiful people! Happy new year!
Good to meet you again.
How has it been in 2016? Someone may say, “It’s too early to assess” but you must also bear in mind that we’re already 6 days old in 2016. Some other person may say, “Just 6 days” and I also want you to know that a minute lost can never be recovered. So, whatever you PLANNED to do this year, hit the iron while it’s still very hot.
Talking about PLAN, we started a serial blogging sometime last year, on The True Beauty Of A Home and we learned how plan can help in building a happy home. We also discussed some possible factors that can trap a woman to remain a full time house wife. You can catch up with us by visiting www.houseofdivineassets.blogspot.com.

Before I got married, I was meant to believe that Calabar women were fetish. It’s not news when Igbo people say that any Igbo man that eats from the pot of a Calabar woman will never remember his father’s land.  But when I got married, I began to understand that the stories about Calabar women were all lies. Hei!  Please don’t get me wrong. I don’t in any way imply that it’s impossible to see a fetish woman in Calabar but I’m saying that the saying about ALL Calabar women being fetish is just one of those false beliefs we grew with. The truth is that an average calabar woman knows what every man NEEDS and they (Calabar women) stop at nothing to take care of their men. Kudos to every woman who understands her man’s needs and stops at nothing to take care of him.
I don’t know if you’ve heard that one of the ways to a man’s heart is GOOD food? No matter how “civilization” plays pranks with the minds of Africans, the truth remains that men like GOOD food! All the men in the house, true or false?
Now read the fiction below.
It was one of those evenings that traffic jam keeps people fagged out on Lagos road. Mrs. Obi kept muttering to herself,
Mrs. Obi: “if only I can drive up to the mini market in front, I guess my problem would be solved. Mtchew! What will I even cook? I need to prepare something that will not take much time but hubby said he would want to eat Semo and Egusi soup. Abeg! “Who get time for soup this night?” I’ll just prepare indomie. But he doesn’t like indomie oo! Enhee! It’s late now. Abeg he has to manage it that way. I will just buy soup ingredient and prepare it tomorrow”. Hei! How time flies! I was so engrossed in Amaka’s gist that I didn’t notice that it was already dark and this traffic jam is not even helping matter. I pray hubby doesn’t get home before me. What will I even say? I went to visit a friend? Hmm! War!”  
With that, she decided to prepare indomie for dinner. As God may have it, the vehicles in front of her started moving and she quickly shoved her car key into the ignition. As soon as the car started, she zoomed off to the mini market and jumped down to buy the ingredients for dinner. She was almost shouting and cursing on top of her voice because the seller was paying little or no attention to her while trying to sell to the customers that came before her. After about ten minutes of fruitless effort, she moved to the next seller thinking that hers would be better but to her disappointment; the woman was even busier than the first seller.
At about 8:00 pm, she managed to get home and ran into the kitchen. Meanwhile, her husband was already home. The children were already asleep on the couch. She quickly prepared the indomie and came to the sitting room to call the children. Her husband was fuming with anger.
Mrs. Obi (trying to wake their first child): Junior! Junior! Ha! This boy can sleep. Junior!
Mr. Obi: (cuts in) Please take it easy with the poor boy! Why can’t he be in deep sleep and what time is it? His mates are already fed and in bed!
Mrs. Obi ignored her husband and succeeded in moving the children to the dining room. The children were crying and stuffing the food in their mouths. Mr. Obi was so perplexed but decided to be calm. After about 10 minutes, the children abandoned the food and went back to sleep.
Mrs. Obi: Darling, please come and eat.            
Mr. Obi did not wait to be called again because he was really starving. He was actually salivating and planning to feast on his semo and Egwusi soup. He opened his plate and in utter confusion and disappointment, he turned to his wife;
Mr. Obi: Darling, is this some kind of joke or something? What in God’s name is this before me?
Mrs. Obi: I’m sorry I was choked up with time and decided to prepare indomie. I will try and prepare the Egwusi soup tomorrow.
Mr. Obi: You were choked up with time visiting friends that you paid no attention to my wellbeing? You were choked up with time that of all the food in the world, you were able to come up with noodles as an alternative knowing very well how I hate this poison before me? You were so choked up with time that you ignored my plea and request for semo and egusi soup since last week? You know what? You’re a very insensitive, wicked, disorganized, selfish and thoughtless woman!
Mrs. Obi: Haba! Honey! You addressed me in such manner just because of food?
The children jumped up when their father continued shouting at the top of his voice.
Mr. Obi: One more word from you, you will regret the day you met me! You’re such a devil! I should have known that it’s yet another night of junk food! I know what to do this night and henceforth!
With that he stormed out of the house.
Food! Food! Food! As simple as it sounds, is a little fox that can destroy a home in a twinkle of an eye. As a wife and a mother, you’re advised to know what to cook, how to cook and when to cook. We will concentrate on these three important triplet (What to cook, how to cook and when to cook) in our next episode on The True Beauty Of A Home.
Do not forget that family is PRICELESS.
Do everything HUMANLY possible, LEGALLY and MORALLY right to be that person God designed you to be.
                                 
For counseling and coaching, call or whatsapp 09094757110. BBM : 56372820. Twitter: @OluMadu      

God loves you and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment