Wednesday 13 January 2016

The True Beauty Of A Home 13



Mr. Uzo kept sighing as he continued molding the supposed pounded yam before him. His wife looked at him and said;

Mrs. Uzo: Why is your face like a goat that took hot pap?

Mr. Uzo ignored her question and kept molding the pounded yam. After about 2minutes, he managed to push a morsel down his throat and quietly washed his hands.

Mrs. Uzo: Haba! Don’t tell me you’re ok because I know what it took me to prepare this food!
Mr. Uzo: Honey, can you please help me with a cup of tea and crackers biscuits?
Mrs. Uzo got very offended and turned to her husband with her eyes as fierce as that of a lion;
Mrs. Uzo: What’s that supposed to mean? What is wrong with the food?
Mr. Uzo: Nothing!
Mrs. Uzo: Don’t get me annoyed by telling me “nothing”.
Mr. Uzo: If “nothing” can get you annoyed, it means that “something” will get you mad.  Now, listen to the “something” that you want to hear! I’ve told you times without number that I don’t like heavy food for dinner. It’s not healthy for me! Not only that you don’t want to heed to my plea, you also ended up making a mess of the so called pounded yam and vegetable soup. The lumps in that your pounded yam can pass the test of original and functional bullet. The vegetable soup should be preserved in the first aid box because it reminds me of the herbal drugs I used to take as a child. Please get me the tea and crackers biscuit.
Mrs. Uzo: Honey you have such a foul tongue! Can you talk to your mother the way you talk to me? Besides, what’s so wrong in having pounded yam for dinner?
Mr. Uzo: No ma! I can’t talk to my mother this way because she’s very reasonable and my mother can never serve me such dinner. Let me fix myself something to eat because I can see that you’re in for trouble. 

Mr. Uzo made his way to the kitchen for a cup of tea and biscuit.

Hello HODA Fam!
Good to be with you once again. Trust you are having the best of 2016?

It’s still serial blogging on The True Beauty Of A Home.
To read the previous posts, please visit www.houseofdivineassets.blogspot.com

Most times, what to prepare for the family, how to prepare it and when to prepare it seem to prove a big challenge to some women. I mean, it’s suicidal to frequently serve sugary food to a diabetic patient, no matter how delicious it seems to be. It’s so wrong to serve red meat to someone who’s already battling with high cholesterol. The health of the entire family must be put in consideration before planning a meal. Men need a lot of sea food. Children need a lot of protein. Everybody needs a lot of fruits and vegetables. Today, we will be looking at the three wonderful triplets- what to cook, how to cook and when to cook as promised in the last post.
Someone may say, “Eating right in Nigeria is quite expensive” but I want you to know that it’s not really true. In one of my posts, I wrote how I taught an audience a balanced meal that can be prepared with five hundred naira for a family of six. Yes! You can get in touch with me for amazing family menu.
What to cook
Before I proceed, I want to believe that you have drawn your family annual budget for 2016? Please if you have not done that, do it as soon as possible. Its importance cannot be over emphasized.
If you’re a woman that works with Mrs. Budget, what to cook will never be a problem for you. Before you serve each meal, ensure that your family is going to have a balanced meal to enjoy. If you’re having difficulty on how to serve a balanced meal, inbox me and I will refer you to someone that can put you through on that.
How to cook
A teenager came to spend her holidays with us recently. Immediately she came in, she gave me a litany of the foods she distastes so much and wouldn’t want to be served with. These foods include snail, vegetable and fish. It may interest you to know that those foods she hated so much turned out to be her best before she left our house. The way we prepare food matters a lot. Many mothers complain that their children don’t like beans. Do not give up on serving them beans. Keep trying different ways beans can be prepared and you will be amazed on the result. Do not close your heart on giving children fruits and vegetables because they seem not to like them. You can make fruit salad for them and you can even blend fruits together for fresh  juice and I bet you will like the result.
When to cook
Breakfast, lunch and dinner should be taken at the appropriate time. If father leaves very early and comes back very late, children can have their dinner before he comes back. Children shouldn’t eat late because of this. Some may say ‘and what about eating together as a family?’ yes you can eat together as a family during the weekend, if Daddy unavoidably comes back late. If a man comes back by 10 or thereabout, it will only be abnormal to make the children have their dinner by 11pm every day, just because you want to eat as a family. A lot of women also form this habit of cooking late and invariably serving meal very late. This should not be encouraged at all.
Do you wish to know more about what to cook, how to cook and when to cook? Contact me and I will refer you to a professional who can give your life a great meaning on that.
Remember, family is PRICELESS!

Till I come your way again, ensure that you do everything HUMANLY possible, LEGALLY and MORALLY right to be that person God designed you to be.
       
For counseling and coaching, call or whatsapp 09094757110. BBM : 56372820. Twitter: @OluMadu      

NB: If you have PASION for SERVICE to humanity and would want to serve in House Of Divine Assets, please send VOLUNTEER to info@houseofdivineassets.com or newday_4sure@yahoo.com.

God loves you and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment